Just to be clear, I’m not a girl who prefers at-home workouts. I end up rolling around on the floor and calling it a day when a single bead of sweat hits my mat. I am also not a member of the 5am club; and midday outdoor workouts in Texas heat are also a no go. If I had it my way, I’d be at the gym around 2pm everyday and it would be empty. Butttt, that just ain’t going to happen this month.
In a previous blog, I touched on how I plan to balance my nutrition and workouts while abroad. I don’t want to give the impression that I am anxiety free about possible weight gain and lost progress, but honestly I would be an idiot to let it take away from the trip. If you’re wondering why I’m putting so much thought into this in the first place, here are my top reasons for making exercise a priority while in Europe:
- Tough Mudder (11 mile obstacle course) on October 3rd, need I say more?
- Great filming opportunity for Team DNA Fitness
- Long runs through a foreign city!? How romantic!
My health is and will always be important to me. My whole goal in continuing to blog and renaming it “HaveHealthWillTravel” is to show that you can make health fit into your lifestyle without sacrificing to the point of misery. There are too many people who boast “No days off” and seem to only eat chicken & vegetables while acting as if their lives are perfectly fulfilling. I’m on the “a few days off” and the “i love Mexican food” squad. I also love to travel and I shudder at the idea of shying away from opportunities out of fear. We can have [almost] all of it, people!
So, without further adieu, here is my list of travel friendly items that will motivate me to move!
- Tone It Up Multivitamin
- Multivitamin to avoid getting sick
- Advocare Spark
- For when I can’t afford another cappuccino & need energy
- Advocare 02 Gold
- Great for cardio training and maintaining muscle
- MyProtein Protein Cookie
- 37 grams of protein = necessary
- Fit & Thick Bands
- To add resistance to leg workouts
- Jump Rope
- Easy to pack & a way to switch up cardio
- FitBit Charge
- Useful as a watch & tracking my miles/sleep
I’ve inserted links for everything above! Feel free to share ways you stay motivated & lead a healthy lifestyle in the midst of chaos. Cheers to a happy & healthy fall!